MUCINEX D Clears Congestion + Relieves Sinus Pressure
When your patient needs symptom relief, turn to MUCINEX D or Maximum Strength MUCINEX D
- MUCINEX D and Maximum Strength MUCINEX D are the ONLY FDA-approved, 12-hour, extended-release guaifenesin formulations with pseudoephedrine HCl1,2
Pseudoephedrine shrinks swollen nasal mucosa while guaifenesin increases mucus flow to restore freer breathing through nasal passages3,4
- Available behind the pharmacy counter
Flexible and Convenient Dosing5,6
- MUCINEX D: Two 600 mg guaifenesin/
60 mg pseudoephedrine HCl tablets BID5
- Maximum Strength MUCINEX D: One 1200 mg guaifenesin/
120 mg pseudoephedrine HCl tablet BID6
*The ONLY FDA-approved, 12-hour, extended-release guaifenesin with pseudoephedrine HCI available.1,2
References: 1. Data on file [Mucinex NDA], Reckitt
Benckiser, Parsippany, NJ. 2. Food and Drug Administration Web site. Electronic Orange Book. http://www.fda.gov/cder/ob. Accessed April 15, 2008.
3. Taghizadeh F, Hadley JA, Osguthorpe JD. Pharmacological treatments for rhinosinusitis. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2002;3(3):305-313. 4. Hamilton LH, Chobanian SL, Cato A, Perkins JG. A study of sustained action pseudophedrine in allergic rhinitis. Ann Allergy. 1982;48:87-92. 5. MUCINEX D product labeling.
6. Maximum Strength MUCINEX D product labeling.
Review the results of adding MUCINEX D as an adjunct to an antibiotic in the treatment of ARI
For access to the study published in Postgraduate Medicine, click here.
Click here to download:
Use as directed.