MUCINEX Clears Chest Congestion
When your patient needs symptom relief, turn to MUCINEX or Maximum Strength MUCINEX
- MUCINEX and Maximum Strength MUCINEX are the ONLY FDA-approved, 12-hour, extended-release guaifenesin formulations available1,2
- Patented bi-layer tablet technology†
- - Immediate-release layer provides rapid delivery of active ingredient, while extended-release layer provides 12-hour symptom relief
- Maximum therapeutic daily dose provides the potency of multiple doses without frequent dosing intervals of liquid guaifenesin
Flexible and Convenient Dosing
- MUCINEX: One or two 600 mg guaifenesin tablets BID3
- Maximum Strength MUCINEX: One 1200 mg guaifenesin
*The ONLY FDA-approved, 12-hour, extended-release guaifenesin available.1,2
† Blue and white tablet depicts MUCINEX.
‡ 24 teaspoons in 24 hours. 100 mg guaifenesin in each 5 mL teaspoon; dosed 4 teaspoons every 4 hours in a 24-hour period.
References: 1. Data on file [Mucinex NDA], Reckitt
Benckiser, Parsippany, NJ. 2. Food and Drug Administration Web site. Electronic Orange Book. http://www.fda.gov/cder/ob. Accessed April 15, 2008. 3. Mucinex product labeling
4. Robitussin Chest Congestion Guaifenesin Syrup, USP, product labeling.
5. Maximum Strength Mucinex product labeling. 6. OTC monograph for expectorant products. http://www.fda.gov/cder/otcmonographs/category_sort/expectorant.htm. Accessed January 6, 2009.
Use as directed.